Roasted chickpeas are a great snack for those who love crunchy snacks but want to avoid classic unhealthy snacks like chips and pretzels. They do not contain any harmful oils and preservative like chips but they are also a great source of protein and fibre (more satiating) and lots of micronutrients! They are so easy to make and so try one or all of these flavour combinations and let me know what you think!
Roasted Chickpeas (5 Flavour Options)
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp olive (for savoury) or coconut oil (for sweet)
Spicy flavour: 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp sea salt
Maple Cinnamon flavour: 2 tbsp pure maple syrup, 1 tsp cinnamon powder
Garlic flavour: 1 tsp ground garlic, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp sea salt
Cheesy flavour: 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp sea salt
Chocolate flavour: 2 tbsp cacao powder, 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to dry them (you want them completely dry).
- In a bowl, toss chickpeas with oil, and seasonings to taste
- Spread on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and crunchy. Watch carefully the last few minutes to avoid burning.