These are a great grab and go snack. I love to keep a batch of these in the freezer at all times for when I am on the go or for before a workout.
Oatmeal Cookie Protein Balls
Makes about 20-24 balls (depending on size)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder of choice (I love this one)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-4 tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Optional: 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Add oats, protein powder, cinnamon and chia seeds to a large bowl and combine
- Add in peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir to combine and then add in chocolate chips (if using)
- Slowly add in liquid 1 tablespoon at a time and using hands combine until it comes together in a sticky ball. If mixture is too dry, add in more liquid but not so much that it won't hold shape.
- Roll into balls and place in a container to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in fridge or freezer.