These Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a delicious and healthy holiday cookie recipe for mint chocolate lovers! If you are not a chocolate peppermint fan, omit the peppermint extract and you will have a healthier version of classic crinkle cookies ready for the holiday season!
Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil and peppermint extract.
- Add wet mixture to dry and mix well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the dough is firm enough to roll, about 20 minutes.
- Using a table spoon, measure even amounts of dough and roll in your hands to form balls.
- Mix coconut sugar and flour together
- Roll dough balls in sugar + coconut flour mixture and place on a parchment lined baking tray
- Bake for 15 minutes until cookies crack. At this point, cookies might look undercooked. Just leave them on the baking sheet until they cool completely and they will firm up as they cool