Originally posted by Brynn on rxnutrition.ca 10/18/14
A very rich but healthy treat filled with healthy fats from both coconut oil and almond butter. Cocoa is also very high in antioxidants and magnesium.
Almond Butter Cups:
Almond Butter Layer:
¼ cup almond butter
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp pure maple syrup
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
¼ cup coconut oil
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Line a mini muffin tin with liners
- Melt the coconut oil and combine the almond butter and maple syrup
- Distribute the almond butter mixture in the muffin tin – about 1 tsp per cup and place in the freezer.
- Melt the coconut oil and stir in cocoa and maple syrup
- Take the pan out of the freezer and distribute the chocolate syrup on top of the almond mixture. About 1-2 tsp per cup
- Place back in the freezer until hardened